An enterprise resource planning (ERP) consultant can help you get the most benefit from your ERP implementation and save you money, too. Here’s how:
- Labor and skills – Your ERP consultant will be a valuable member of the project team from start to finish, supplementing your IT team when extra resources are needed.
- Project management – An experienced ERP consultant has managed many similar projects and is an expert on all aspects of project management, from gathering requirements and “selling” your project right through training and support.
- Priority – Your IT department may have dozens of projects in various stages, but your ERP consultant likely has one priority with regard to your organization and that’s your ERP project.
- Market knowledge – A good ERP consultant makes it his or her business to know the ERP market and know all about the products they sell, including the whole market of complementary third party products available. He will recommend a solution tailored to the needs of your organization and guide you in the selection of software as well as spearhead contract negotiation. Frequently the consulting firm you choose will have even developed proprietary code, routines, fixes, work-arounds, or utilities that make your solution better and your implementation go faster and smoother.
- Experience with processes and measures – Because the consulting firm you’ve chosen has implemented many ERP solutions in various industries in firms of all sizes, they have worked with many processes, measures, KPIs, reports, and visualizations and can apply that experience to adapting or creating new processes and content for your company.
- Risk aversion and management strategies – While no one has “seen it all,” a really good ERP consultant has seen quite a bit and knows what to avoid and how to deal with the things you can’t avoid that can potentially derail your project.
- Saving time and money – Taking the straight path, knowing what to do in what order, and avoiding pitfalls and rework can save hundreds or even thousands of hours. Knowing what hardware is needed, how to optimize the software, and how to integrate your ERP with existing systems enables your consultant help you deliver your ERP project on time and within budget.
- Network – The really good ERP consultants have a whole network of resources—experts on every aspect of the solution, special service contracts, memberships to professional organizations, and subscriptions to publications, blogs, and documentation services that enhance their knowledge and empower them to find solutions to problems quickly.
- Get the most from your investment – The great ERP consulting firm will help you get the best return on your investment using all its resources and experience to achieve your project goals and provide a rewarding user experience that will ensure the use of the new solution.
- After the project launches – The really great ERP consultant will be there after the project is completed, providing training and post implementation support. The entire consulting team is committed to your success and the on-going success of your project. They will make it work. They know that their future success hinges on yours.
NexVue is that really great ERP consulting firm that helps you get the most from your ERP investment and is committed to your success. For more information and to get started on your ERP initiative, call NexVue at 203.327.0800 or email us at [email protected].